CX / Customer Engineer
CX / Customer Engineer
Full-time - Permanent
Posted 6 days ago
As a Technical Customer Engineer at askporter, you will be the technical point of contact for our customers. You will explain technical concepts and triage client’s technology challenges; run discovery conversations; help customers understand their future-state architecture; build demos, and enable the delivery of solutions from proof of concept builds all the way to production implementation of world-class data solutions.
The product set is comprehensive and covers a wide range of technologies, from software (SaaS), Digital Assistants, telephony and IoT. As such, a Customer Engineer that is able to provide deep technical insight to support our sales teams forms a vital link in the sales chain.
You will be a subject matter expert and able to convey to prospects not only the technical benefits of our products but how they are designed, deployed and secured. You will form the bridge between the Sales teams and our prospective customers, and the Product and technical teams within the organisation. This is a customer-facing role, so while you should have a good breadth and depth of technical knowledge in the areas of software design, integration and security, you should also have a passion for building relationships and making connections both within the organisation and with customers.
The role will include but is not exclusive to:
- Serves customers by identifying their needs and engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and services.
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and others in a position to understand service requirements.
- Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Establishes new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers and planning and organizing sales call schedule.
- Prepares cost estimates by studying all related customer documents, consulting with engineers, architects, and other professional personnel.
- Determines improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service applications in the customer environment and engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements.
- Submits orders by conferring with technical support staff and costing engineering changes.
- Develops customer’s staff by providing technical information and training.
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed, recommending options and courses of action, and implementing directives.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Sales Engineer Qualifications / Skills:
- Problem solving
- Product knowledge
- Selling to customer needs
- Software requirements
- Product development
- Presentation skills
- General programming skills
- Technical understanding
- Verbal communication
- Requirements analysis
Desired technical skills
You should have some knowledge of most of the following:
- General software design principles, and familiarity with:
- Knowledge of the AWS stack,