Junior Customer Engineer
Junior Customer Engineer
Remote / London
Full-time - Permanent
Posted 241 days ago
As a Junior Customer Engineer at askporter, you will support the technical customer engineering team who are the technical point of contact for our customers. You will support with running discovery conversations; help configure and build demos, and support in the delivery of solutions from proof of concept builds all the way to production implementation of world-class data solutions.
This is a collaborative, remote first role with flexible working hours that delivers real world impact. The product set is comprehensive and covers a wide range of technologies, from software (SaaS), Digital Assistants, telephony and IoT. As such, a Customer Engineer that is able to provide technical support across a the stack of technologies, but does require deep technical experience.
Although this role is not customer-facing role, the ability to clearly communicate technical aspects simply and clearly will be essential. Ideally you will have a good breadth and depth of technical knowledge in the areas of software design, integration and security, you should also have a passion for building relationships and making connections.
The role will include but is not exclusive to:
- Configuring the platform for new client use cases and solutions
- Designing and creating AI assistant conversation flows across voice and webchat
- Serves customers by understanding their needs and supporting with the engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and services.
- Provideing product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Submiting orders by conferring with technical support staff and costing engineering changes.
- Developing customer’s staff by providing technical information and training.
- Prepareing sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contributing to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed, recommending options and courses of action, and implementing directives.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Sales Engineer Qualifications / Skills:
- Problem solving
- Product knowledge
- Software requirements
- Product development
- General programming skills
- Technical understanding
- Verbal communication
- Requirements analysis
Desired technical skills
You will ideally have some knowledge of the following, however training will be provided and a technical mindset takes is paramount:
- General software design principles, and familiarity with:
- Monthly team socials
- Bi-annual team retreats
- Flexible working hours
- Budget for home tech